I teach core strategy and entrepreneurship courses in undergraduate, MBA, Executive MBA, and Ph.D. programs.
- My courses utilize the case method. I focus on generating interactive classroom discussions and guiding students through structured analyses of managerial decision-making in realistic business situations.
- My courses often involve experiential learning via "hands-on" projects and assignments in which student teams help local non-profit and for-profit organizations identify and solve strategic business problems.
Areas of Interest:
- Strategic Management, Business Policy & Strategy, Global Strategy
- Innovation Management, Entrepreneurship & New Ventures
Oregon State University, College of Business (2014-Present)
- Betty and Forrest Simmons Excellence in Graduate Teaching Award (2016-2017)
- Byron L. Newton Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Award (2015-2016)
University of Hawaii at Manoa, Shidler College of Business (2011-2014, 2018-Present)
- MGT 651 - Corporate Entrepreneurship, Elective for Executive MBA Students (Distance Learning)
- BUS 345 - Strategic Management, Undergraduate Capstone Course
- BUS 632 - Business Policy & Strategy, Graduate Capstone Course for Executive MBA Students in Honolulu and Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, VIETNAM, (Awarded "Professor of the Semester" for Teaching Excellence, Fall 2012)
- BUS 696 - Consulting Practicum, Graduate Capstone Course for Full-Time and Part-Time MBA Students (Awarded "Professor of the Semester" for Teaching Excellence, Spring 2013)
- BUS 699 - Directed Reading and Research for Ph.D. Students
- Guest Lecturer for Ph.D. Seminars on International Management (BUS 705) and International Business & Strategy (MGT 650), and Law School Elective on Advanced Legal Studies: Intellectual Property Law (LAW 520M)
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Kenan-Flagler Business School (2007-2011)
- BUSI 698 - Strategic Management, Undergraduate Capstone Course (Nominated for the Tanner Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching and for the Kenan-Flagler Outstanding Student Teaching Award, 2009)
- BUSI 500 - Entrepreneurship & New Ventures
- Guest Lecturer for Global Strategy (MBA 862A) and OneMBA Program Global Entrepreneurship Seminar
- Assistant Instructor for INiTS Startup Academy, Vienna AUSTRIA and Accelerace/Gazelle Growth Startup Bootcamp, Copenhagen DENMARK
- Graduate Teaching Assistant for MBA Electives on Introduction to Entrepreneurship (MBA 835) and Launching the Venture (MBA 848B), and Undergraduate Elective on Global Venturing (BUSI 623)