Technology Entrepreneurship Research
Invited Talks and Refereed Conference Presentations
- Joshi, A. M., Inouye, T. M. and Robinson, J. A., "When Are Economically Distressed Areas a Source of Competitive Advantage for Technology Entrepreneurs? Evidence from HUBZones and the Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Program 1999-2012," Kauffman Emerging Scholars Conference, Kansas City, MO, 2016 and Kauffman Conference on Minority Entrepreneurship, San Francisco, CA, 2016.
- Joshi, A. M., Cho, S., Arthurs, J., Choi, Y. and Hemmatian, I., "Bankruptcy Announcements and Incumbent Rivals: The Influence of Technology Overlap on Rivals’ Stock Price," Entrepreneurship Advisory Board Annual Meeting, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, 2015.
- Joshi, A. M., "When Are Patent Litigants Productive or Unproductive Entrepreneurs? Evidence from a Natural Experiment on False Patent Marking, 2007-2011," Strategic Management Society (SMS) Conference, Atlanta, GA 2013.
- Zoller, T., Joshi, A. M., and Ethridge, F., "Do Dealmakers Make a Difference? Evidence from the Social Capital Networks of Serial Entrepreneurs and Investors," Strategic Management Society (SMS) Conference, Prague, CZECH REPUBLIC, 2012, (Nominated for the 2012 SMS Conference Best Paper Prize for Practice Implications).
- Joshi, A. M., "The Impact of Information Complexity on Entrepreneurial Discovery by Firms in Knowledge-Intensive Industries: Evidence from Digital Signal Processing Startups and Incumbents," Strategic Management Society (SMS) Conference, Rome, ITALY, 2010.
- Joshi, A. M., "An Analysis of the Effect of Radical Innovation Grants on Knowledge Exploration in Biotechnology," 5th Annual Mason Entrepreneurship Research Confernce (MERC), George Mason University, Fairfax, VA, 2009.
Invited Dissertation Research Presentations for "Entrepreneurial Discovery and Information Complexity in Knowledge-Intensive Industries"
Presented as a Finalist for the following Dissertation Awards:
Wiley-Blackwell Award for Outstanding Dissertation Research in Business Policy and Strategy, Academy of Management (AoM) Annual Meeting, Boston, MA, August 2012, (1 of 7 Finalists worldwide).
- INFORMS Organization Science Dissertation Proposal Competition, Austin, TX, November 2010, (1 of 8 Finalists worldwide).
Presented as a Job Market Paper at the following Universities in Fall 2010:
- Escuela Superior de Administración y Dirección de Empresas (ESADE), Business School, Barcelona, SPAIN
- Instituto de Empresa (IE) University, IE Business School, Madrid, SPAIN
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Nanyang Business School, SINGAPORE
- National University of Singapore, NUS Business School, SINGAPORE
- Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi, Milan, ITALY
- University of Hawaii at Manoa, Shidler College of Business, Honolulu, HI
- University of Maryland, Smith School of Business, College Park, MD
- University of Texas at Austin, McCombs School of Business, Austin, TX
- Vanderbilt University, Owen Graduate School of Management, Nashville, TN
Presented as a Dissertation Proposal at the following Doctoral Consortia:
- Consortium for Competitiveness & Cooperation (CCC) Colloquium, University of Michigan, Ross School of Business, Ann Arbor, MI, 2010.
- Kauffman Foundation Entrepreneurship Mentoring Workshop, American Economic Association (AEA), Atlanta, GA, 2010.
See my related research on Patent Pools & Licensing, Global R&D Alliances, and IP Strategy.